Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Louisiana




My niece, Georgia went to visit my brother, Tommy in Baton Rouge and it seems that they also made their way to New Orleans (pronounced N'awlins by the locals.) I saw some footage of the LSU team on TV last night. The team was sitting around a big mess of crawfish and enjoying the fellowship. Most of those guys grew up in that area and they have been friends since childhood. But I digress. It is good to be able to share these pics that I did not take, but were sent to me via Yahoo! Photo Album and email. It appears that the French Quarter has recovered from the storm Katrina, although much of the area is still in recovery. Tommy is thankful that his home in Baton Rouge was not damaged. Our church has sent a team to the gulf coast to help in the recovery effort and another team is going in April. Our prayers continue for all of the folks affected by the devastation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home