Thursday, July 31, 2008

Interesting Story


My boss told me a story (true story) just the other day, that I found very interesting. The year was 1967. He told me that he and his buddy were at the Triangle Restaurant in Winston-Salem, sitting in a 1957 Chevy BelAir, 2-door hardtop, black with white top, (not the one shown above which I obtained from Wikipedia, but apparently very much similar.) (The Triangle Restaurant is approximately where the Ski and Tennis Station is now, just off Stratford Road.) They were eating pizza. He (my boss) wanted to go see the movie In Like Flint, starring James Coburn, but his friend didn't care anything about it. A young lady drove up and parked beside them in a Corvair. She smiled. He smiled back. He (my boss) told his buddy that if she was still there when he finished his pizza, he was going to introduce himself and ask her to go to the Flint flick with him. She was and he did. She said yes. You might say the rest is history as they were married nine months later. Now they have a son, a daughter and six grandchildren. I have heard it said, "He who hesitates is lost." This man certainly does not fall into that class.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home