Monday, July 27, 2009

Water-skiing


Normally I don't think I am someone who complains a whole lot. But I gave blood a week ago last Thursday and here is the way my arm looks and it feels as bad as it looks. The Red Cross staff recognized it as a hematoma as the lady had to jab around with the needle inside my arm in order to find the vein. I think it is slowly getting better, and I was not planning to do any waterskiing yesterday, but my brother-in-law encouraged me to give it a try since we were out in the boat and had all the necessary equipment. I surprised myself; I was able to get up the first try. I thought I was going to have more pain than I could stand, but I think it was good for me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

that looks like it hurts! sorry they had to dig around to find your vein. mine are so small, they have to use baby needles or i look like that, too.

glad you all had fun at the lake. way to get up on your first try!!!

7/27/2009 8:13 PM  
Blogger John said...

like riding a bike......sorry to see your arm like that, yipes!

7/28/2009 8:33 AM  
Blogger oldparatrooper said...

1 ski or 2?

7/28/2009 1:09 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

I ski on one, ever since 1972.

7/28/2009 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home