Saturday, August 18, 2007

Salem Lake


It was a beautiful summer morning. The air wasn't crisp, but it was fresh. You could hear the sound of the cicadas buzzing like a minature saw mill. People had come to Salem Lake for running, cycling, and one could see evidence that there were some horses on the trail, although I never saw one. The path was dry, and hardened from the lack of rain for weeks. Getting around the lake could have been tricky with all of the runners; they were running in herds. One particularly large group was heading up a hill as I approached, and I was considering how to navigate when a guy in the rear hollered, "Bicyler!!" Then everyone moved to the right, and made it easy for me. Now you know that I always call out, "On your left!" when I come up behind a group of runners, but this group startled me a bit. I was glad the guy bringing up the rear was watching over his shoulder. Well, anyway, I was glad to try out my new pedals that I had put on a week earlier. My tires were pumped and so was I. It seemed that I was riding at a fairly good speed, and although this 33:46.9 isn't a record, I can say that I am happy with it, and hope to better that in the days ahead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home