Monday, November 05, 2007

Thanks for Traveling Mercies

Saturday afternoon my wife and I were coming home after doing some yard work for an elementary school, and I had my left turn signal on, and was stopped waiting to turn onto my street. The car approaching from the other direction was such a distance that I could have made it, had I been in a hurry--but I wasn't, so I waited. In a few seconds a yellow Corvette came up behind me at such a speed that I thought for sure we would be nailed in the rear, and I let my bride know. She screamed. At the same time, I gave it some gas to give the Corvette more stopping distance. He was still coming at a good rate, and then he sharply turned left onto my street like I had intended on doing--after the approaching car had passed. He obviously didn't wait for that. He pulled a little way down our street and after we did too. I got out of the car to ask if he was OK. He apologized for his lack of attention; I said something like we all make mistakes, and then gave him a line from Hill Street Blues Sgt. Phil Esterhaus who said, "Hey, let's be careful out there!" I am sorry that I don't have video to post here, but I may be watching reruns of this show in my dreams for weeks to come. We are so thankful to the Lord for sparing us from an accident.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

It happens fast; glad no one was hurt

11/05/2007 8:31 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

You're telling me!

11/05/2007 9:04 AM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

close call.

I meant to say also that the pig sand sculpture is fantastic.

11/05/2007 10:13 PM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

also, glad you weren't hurt

11/05/2007 10:15 PM  
Blogger Ben said...

Praise God!

11/05/2007 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home