Tuesday, April 22, 2008

National Anthem


Well, I made the cut and was permitted to sing at another Winston-Salem Warthogs game! And to my surprise, they gave me one of the first pitch ceremony balls, shown in the pic. My goal was to improve on the quality of singing that I did two years ago, and I believe that I was able to do that, if I do say so myself. I told one lady who complemented me that I mainly wanted everyone to hear the words. So many times you can't understand what the singer is trying to get across these days. She told me that the words came through well. For that I am pleased. And I didn't forget the words. That too.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger John said...

way to go double ought; that's a hard song

4/23/2008 6:02 AM  
Blogger Oldparatrooper said...

He did not mention that his performance was broadcast all the way to Raleigh...well sort of, I held the cellar phone up so his singing partner could hear it also.

4/23/2008 7:34 AM  
Blogger Wild Wild West said...

Way to go, John. I listened to you on the internet on MiLB.com, live from Ernie Shore Field. You've really got a wide range...

4/23/2008 8:16 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

I appreciate the support of all of my fans, the old paratrooper, who has made it to all three of my Warthog appearances, along with his W-S area roomie, as well as wild, wild west who attend my first appearance and still finds a way to listen today through modern technology, and of course, my faithful loving wife. Thanks to the Duke for your kind comment as well. And thanks to my singing partner who complemented my singing via the Blackberry.

4/24/2008 11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! How awesome they let you do that!! Congrats!!!

4/25/2008 6:41 AM  
Blogger Wild Wild West said...

Not to be critical, 007, but spellcheck the word national....

5/03/2008 3:26 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

Thanks, I made the correction.

5/04/2008 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home