Sunday, November 30, 2008

QUANTUM OF SOLACE



i



Well here it is folks, the review you all have been waiting for. I would have to say this rates as a very good Bond flick, but not the best. Why is it not the best? Any great Bond movie would have to include Q, who is absent in this one. Where are all those gadgets we love to see Bond using without ever having proper training, much less reading the manuals. Of course, there is the matter of the action scenes. They look like they were shot with hand-held cameras, and it makes it hard to follow. On top of that, the chase scenes make it hard to tell where one is in relation to the other. That aside, I did like the way Bond handles these heated life-threatening situations with the kind of cool you that would make Frosty the Snowman look like a hot tamale. I have heard some say they don't like the fact that he doesn't smile very much. I think he smiles when it is called for, but I like the serious demeanor he maintains as he goes about his daily tasks. Again, this is a very good Bond movie, and I highly recommend it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home