Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Bees



Here is a shot of one showing his rear end. I have tried looking these up, and my book shows that this one is very similar to the mining bee. The mining bee is found throughout North America. He looks very similar to the Woolley Bear Hover Fly except that he has a yellow tail. Check out the pics in my National Audubon Society Field Guide. I can't really figure out why he likes our deck; it would seem that he would like to hovering over flowers and do his pollenating.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nicole said...

We have one that likes to hang out on our pool deck. He'll fly up to us and I like to poke my finger at him. He turns away quickly but always comes back. I think he likes the game. Kailey on the other hand, is petrified of ALL bees and screams and runs when they come into her territory!

4/30/2009 7:54 AM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

Glad to see you are blogging again.

5/02/2009 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home