Tuesday, September 06, 2005

We took the risk...


We took the risk to get away for the weekend, even though there may have been a chance that we couldn't get gas after coming home. We went to the lake for some swimming, boating and on Labor Day, I did get one ski in the water. Getting it up out on top of the water was a little more difficult, but I did succeed. The number of boats out on the lake was down from what we would normally expect. Some folks were trying to conserve fuel, it seems.
I have included here a shot of something that looks like it could be real fun, but I don't think that I will try it myseft. Maybe this is what those Top Gun types do in their spare time? Crossing that wake could be trouble, and watch out for those afterburners!

2 Comments:

Blogger Oldparatrooper said...

I wonder if the skier started standing on the dock or came up out of the water after yelling HIT IT! I do remember in Apocalypse Now Robert Duval carrying his surfboard on the helicopter...."I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

9/06/2005 11:15 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

I think the skier was sitting on the dock, and the jet came by with a long rope trailing, and the rope was connected to a winch, and it had a section of stretch lycra near the jet end to allow the skier to come off the pier without too much of a jerk, and then once he is up, the winch rolls up the stretch section and reduces the rope to the desired length. That's what I think.

9/07/2005 12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home