Thursday, February 02, 2006


Just the other night, I dreamed I could fly. You know, without an airplane or helicopter. Just take off like Superman does.

It was very realistic, and you know, somehow while I was dreaming, it all seemed very logical. I was breezing past birds, trees, and telephone poles. I could turn on a dime, and head back in the opposite direction. I could move my body all sorts of ways to make some wild maneuvers. And then for some reason, I awoke and it was 4 AM. I got up to take care of some personal needs and then returned to sleep without any trouble. When it was time to rise and get ready for work, I thought, "Someday I will fly!" Not just in my dreams or daydreams, but my body will actually be moving through space and time. It will be when I am caught up in the rapture with Christ, or it will be after I have been buried (or even cremated) for some time, and when Christ returns my body will actually be raised up and made new. (The older I get, the idea of having a new body is more and more favorable.) I don't know why I dreamed about flying. Maybe it was seeing images of Christa McAuliffe trying out weightlessness exercises. I remember having these dreams from time to time, but never really gave that much thought about the time that I will fly to meet Jesus. The book I am reading, Heaven by Randy Alcorn, may have something to do with these dreams. In any case, it is good to think about Heaven some of the time, and not to figure that there will be plenty of time to think about it when we get there. It is good to be Heavenly minded enough that we think about leading our friends in that direction by introducing them to the person of Jesus Christ, who died on the cross for our sins and was raised to sit beside the Father and to pray for us. Thank you Jesus.

3 Comments:

Blogger Oldparatrooper said...

Come on up to my office anytime you want to practice your flying skills. It's not the fall that will get you....it's the sudden stop. Maybe consider base jumping?

2/07/2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

Note to old paratrooper: Thanks, but I can wait for the rapture. I am sure you had a lot of fun jumping out of planes, though.

2/08/2006 11:41 AM  
Blogger Oldparatrooper said...

Didn't jump...we "exited the aircraft"...

2/08/2006 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home