Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Emory






Here are a few shots from the area where we spent the last couple days. I was at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for a medical study. I had been to Atlanta a couple or three times before but had never spent any time around Emory. The family had been to see the Coca Cola museum, some Braves games and to Stone Mountain, but hadn't ever taken the opportunity to learn about this university which has a well-known medical facility. You would think that here in NC there are plenty of such places that would be able to provide the opportunity of such a study (Duke, UNC, Wake Forest) but none of these offered a chance to participate in a Halt PKD study as I am doing at Emory. I won't go into too much detail, but just say that PKD stands for Polycystic Kidney Disease which is not too well-known considering how many lives are affected by it. The hope for me is to extend the time that I have before I will need dialysis or a kidney transplant. It is good to be around a medical staff who are concerned and committed to limiting the effects of this disease.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Best wishes

1/24/2007 7:57 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

Thanks.

1/24/2007 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home