Monday, May 07, 2007

Forsyth Co. Library



I went to the Main Library last week and they were giving out these post cards showing the first one in Forsyth County. As the back of the card says it began as Carnegie Library on Cherry St. in Winston-Salem in 1906. That was quite a while ago. Look how far we have come. I remember trying to teach David something about computers on an Apple II-E at the 5h Street location when he was just a boy. Y'all know he has been teaching me about them ever since.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

that's something we lack down here, and that we all used quite a bit in Sanford. We have a small facility, not many books, and from what I've seen in my favorite sections, it appears as though most have already been colored in............

5/08/2007 8:36 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

I would expect this from a resort community. Maybe you can get Dan to lend you some from his personal library.

5/09/2007 6:40 AM  
Blogger John said...

I don't live in a resort community; I live behind the WalMart! We do live in a remote area, and you have to plan ahead sometimes for things you can't find down here.
You gotta take the bad with the good; hmmmmm, who said that?

5/09/2007 7:50 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

Forrest Gump? "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

5/10/2007 6:41 AM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

I love libraries...

I'm short on coloring books though, and books that old...

Life is like a box of chocolates. I pushed the bottoms out of all of them and left the jelly filled ones in the box...

or something like that..

5/10/2007 8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home