Friday, May 04, 2007

THE UNIT


I am a bit late in posting about this week's epi of The Unit, but I have to say that this one is one you don't want to miss. (If you did, you may be able to catch it on the summer reruns.) Dennis Haysbert plays the team leader of the unit (that reports directly to the President.) Dennis' character is Jonas Blaine, aka the Snakedoc. He is in the process of persuading the colonel to send him on a mission that involves his exiting out of an aircraft at 30,000 ft. There is a bit of a higher risk for Jonas because he has some shrapnel retained in his back very close to his spine, (too close to operate.) Jonas makes a very strong argument, and then the colonel asks, "What are the only things that fall from the sky?" And I love his answer, "Manna from Heaven, and the Airborne Rangers!" I can't describe my emotions fully when I hear this, but I know that I have a very deep appreciation for all of our military men and women, and I am glad that somewhere far up northwest there is someone in the US Army flying low over the final frontier. I am glad that he wants to be there. And I am glad that the Lord above is watching over him.

Labels: