Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cycling


I went once around Salem Lake today; it was really a perfect day: perfect temp/humidity, and the path wasn't muddy at all. You can see that my time isn't any record, even for me, but I can say that I am just coming off of week of being a little under the weather. I must have had an unusual intestinal bug, but that is enough of that. I am sure you don't want any more details. I met a really nice guy named Tony at the end of my ride. He was just putting his red Schwinn S20 up on top of his car, and I commented that it looked like a nice bike to ride around the lake. He said that he really enjoyed it, having a front and rear suspension, and it wasn't too heavy. He mentioned a time (going around the lake,) and it was 31 something. I said, "My best time is 32:51, thinking that I was somewhere in his league. Later on he mentioned that he starts his watch at the top of the hill (from the parking lot) and stops it after climbing back up. Its only 1/4 mile, but its all downhill at the beginning, and of course when you finish, its all wrong. That kinda took the wind outa my sails. I hope that I have a chance to watch him ride sometime. I might have the pleasure of seeing his tail lights disappear.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home