Wednesday, July 11, 2007

One Determined Squirrel

I hesitate to show this video, because it only proves the Duke was right about the squirrel. And when I say squirrel, I do say THE squirrel, because it seems that there is this one young squirrel that can outperform all the rest. He has more brown than grey, and we think he is more adolescent than the others. We did have several weeks of success, and even in this video there is some degree of success for us as we watch him struggle. Oh, and many thanks and credit goes to my seminary student son, Ben who has provided necessary expertise required for this production. In any case, watch and enjoy this.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

That cello music scares me, I look for fins when I hear it. 20 years ago I bought a LL Bean counerweight bird feeder. I've replaced the dowels but it still works to this date. In Sanford we used to watch the squirrels try to get into the feed. One did at our last house; he would position himself to prove weight on the back bar and reach around for seed with his free hand. Pretty smart squirrel, his pals called him "Woody" but I have no idea why..................

7/11/2007 9:16 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

We have come up with another solution--you will see a pic in my next post.

7/11/2007 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home