Wednesday, July 12, 2006

CBS Sunday Morning

I generally watch CBS Sunday Morning every week. (Actually I TiVo it so that I don't miss Sunday School and church.) This week they talked about blogging. They had as one of their guests, Carol Dar, who is the director of the Institute for Politics, Democracy and the Internet at George Washington University. She said that bloggers tend to be highly educated, middle aged, trendsetters who have a high income level. I don't think I fit into that last category, but I suppose I could fit in the others. Although, am I really a trendsetter? The lady who sold the name Blog to Google was on there too. She told how the name came about. It started as Web Log. Someone said, "We blog," and as they say the rest is history.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

hey john,

glad the ear is better. i cant believe brett and sheri are moving to mali! thats some amazing stuff.
is it going to be long term?

7/12/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger John said...

Glad to hear the ear is better; I periodically have earaches and they're no fun.
Think I could sell the WEFISH to Google? Maybe they could slide me a million or two for that, you know, take it out of petty cash without the need for a receipt?
Always enjoy reading your blog; keep it coming

7/12/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

Thanks to both Scout and Duke. Yes Brett and Sheri will be in Mali long term. After 8 mos. in France, they will go to Mali for 2 years, and come home for about 3 mos. then back for 2 years. And so on. That is the plan. Duke you can try anything, you know this is America, and we have a fairly free market, so all you need is to find someone to buy your product.

7/13/2006 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home