Saturday, July 01, 2006

Cycling




I had a great morning ride around Salem Lake! As some of you readers know, I do enjoy riding my bike around the lake from time to time. As you can see my ET for completing one lap of 6.87 miles was 34:18.5. In order to avoid confusion, that is 34 minutes, 18.5 seconds. Now this is no record by any means. I have done the lake faster on an old road bike, and when I say road bike, I use that term loosely. And I do mean that it is old. So this is an average of 12 mph. Now if I keep this up for 2 or 3 more years, they may start a 60+ bike race around the lake. Maybe I can keep from being last. Maybe I could even get better? By the way, this bike is a Diamondback Topanga. Contrary to popular belief, it is not necessary to have a mountain bike to get around the lake. My Associate Pastor Jim rides with me from time to time, and he uses a Schwinn hybrid, called a Crosscut. (His best time is 29:30, but he slows down to ride with me.) He is just returning from a beach vacation where he rode 20 miles per day. He wants to ride Tuesday, (July 4.) Suck it up 007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home