Thursday, November 09, 2006

Beetles




Last weekend I was working in the yard, and checking out a stump of a tree that I had cut down a few years ago, and I came across this beetle. Speaking of the Beatles, I did my share of listening to their music back in the day, but I digress. This particular beetle was living under the bark of the tree, which was now peeling away because of age and deterioration. (I did place the little creechtur back in his natural habitat. No animal life was harmed in any way, at least so far as I could tell.) Now I just read that there are more species of beetles than there are species of plants! There are about 350,000 named species of beetles in the world! So unless there are any experts in the field (no pun intended) who read this post, I don't suppose we will have anyone to offer the exact name of the little guy. I have a book in which I will attempt to find him, and get back to all of you curious readers. Do you know what kind of beetles you have in your back yard?

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Ladies and gentlemen, the Beatles! You have a lot of them there; I was under the impression there were two still alive; Paul and Ringo.......

11/10/2006 9:46 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

Duke, were you a Beatles fan, you know, back in the day?

11/10/2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger John said...

Yes, but will I still read them, will I still feed them, when I'm 64?

11/10/2006 6:39 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

That is a lot closer now than it was before!

11/11/2006 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home