Monday, January 14, 2008

Warehouse Tour








Over the weekend I was able to take a tour of a warehouse in Pilot Mountain, or as they say in Mayberry, Mount Pilot. It was a very informative tour as our guide was VP Old Paratrooper. As you see in the pic I was privileged to sit in the driver's seat of one of the trucks, which I had never in my whole life had that opportunity. After the tour we enjoyed the fine cuisine of Smoky D's restaurant just down the road. (We asked if we could be seated in the non-smoking section, but I don't think they had one.) The food was excellent and I highly recommend it if you happen to pass by on old 52.
The top pic was taken from the back seat of the car, so you will have to understand that it is not the best pic of Pilot Mountain. Then of course, the second pic was also taken from the back seat, but I had a side view of the mountain. You will notice a little blur on the warning sign in the foreground.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Great pictures, and what a pretty area of the world. Did you see Daphne and Skippy while you were there?
By the way; who are all those old people standing with that younger-than-ever-looking James Cockerham?
Good shot

1/16/2008 8:29 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

Sad to say, we didn't get up with Daphne or Skippy or even a glimpse of that fine classic automobile that they used to speed through Mayberry. I feel that its best not to comment on old people, but I do agree that James is looking younger than ever.

1/16/2008 2:45 PM  
Blogger John said...

Oops, I could get in trouble with that comment; please allow me to correct it.....

who are all those old people standing with that younger-than-ever-looking James Cockerham amd the high school aged young lady on the far left?

There I feel so much better now!

1/16/2008 6:59 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

Thank you for that correction. You know, when you get into the publishing business, you sometimes have to retract a statement here and there.

1/17/2008 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home