Monday, June 12, 2006

CARS



Pat and I went to see Cars Friday night and it was everything we had hoped it would be. I am sure that true Nascar racing fans will get more out of this than the average person. A lot of kids were there (even at the 9:00 show) and they laughed long and loud the cracks they made. If you are a car enthusiast of any kind, you will enjoy this movie. (Notice I said movie, not film, which is something you wipe off of your windshield.) The truck named Mater (as in Tow-mater without the tow) definitely has the most character of anyone. He is an old rusty tow truck that runs of 6 or 7 cylinders most of the time. He has a real southern accent for someone who lives way out west somewhere off of I-40 and it used to be on the ever popular Route 66. I fully recommend Cars to anyone and I am going to have to watch it on DVD next so that I can hear the jokes that came after the first one in each scene because there was so much laughter that I couldn't hear. Gentlemen, start your engines! I suppose now with women getting behind the wheel we are going to have to modify that. Don't get the king started.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

I'm not a car enthusiast, but I absolutely loved Cars. It's not my favorite Pixar movie, I don't think, but it is up to their standards, and you are right about Mater. I almost forgot the voice was Larry the Cable guy. I quote another review i read, "I didn't know he had it in him."

Hey thanks for reading my blog, I do remember meeting you at CWR, though as you say, we didn't get to talk to much.

6/12/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

Too much I mean, and its good to hear from you...

6/12/2006 11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home