Friday, July 21, 2006

FLOYD WINS STAGE 17!


I told you all not to give up on Floyd! Sorry this is a bit late. The pic and the following are courtesy of the OLN site:
Floyd Landis was at rock bottom 24 hours before he finished the 17th stage of the Tour de France. Now, after one of the greatest escapes in modern Tour times, he sits in third place, just 30 seconds of leading the race once more.This is a crazy Tour that is totally unpredictable. Landis, from the tears of La Toussuire is now again the favorite to win in Paris on Sunday. His ride across the Alps has put him in an enviable position to win in the time trial on Saturday.

There are so many riders who deserve praise, and not least Oscar Pereiro, dismissed by all as a likely winner and still in yellow tonight by just 12 seconds.

In the white jersey competition, Damiano Cunego took the lead of Marcus Fothen by just five seconds in another hard-fought competition.

This may be a race in the purists' eyes without a great champion, but it is one of the best races in the true character of a sporting event that has so many riders willing to fight to their limits to produce a result they will be proud of in Paris.

Don't miss the time trial on Saturday on OLN!


I will be out of town and unable to keep you guys up to speed, so follow it without me. We will celebrate together on Sunday!


6 Comments:

Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

truly you almost convince me to become a chris... I mean cycling fan... I mean obscure scriptural references...

7/21/2006 10:02 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

Sometimes its hard to understand you Dan, but I am glad to have you as a reader, and I do enjoy reading your posts too.

7/21/2006 11:14 AM  
Blogger John said...

Go Floyd, you can do it!

7/21/2006 12:03 PM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

Sorry about that, I was reffering to when a king told Paul that he almost persuaded him to be a Christian. I have a tendency towards making obscure references and expecting people to catch them, which is strange.

What I meant was your enthusiasm for the tour de france is contagious, and makes me more likely to watch it sometime...

7/21/2006 2:05 PM  
Blogger Oldparatrooper said...

I only have two words for all of this bicycle stuff. NAS CAR!

7/21/2006 3:48 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

Speaking of Nascar, I work with some former Nascar fans, and they tell me they have lost the love for the sport. I never have been a fan of watching cars go around in circles, or ovals, or ellipses, or whatever they do.

7/23/2006 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home