Friday, July 14, 2006

Mushrooming

The mushrooms have been flourishing lately in our back yard with the rain we have been getting from storms and whatnot. Sorry about that one pic where I cut the quarter in the bottom of the pic. Speaking of storms, as we saw the clouds forming yesterday afternoon, and heard the thunder in the distance, I prayed that we would not lose power or have any damage, and we did not. I was thankful. Walnut Cove did not fare as well. Many trees were down across roads. Power outages were rampant, and they had to close the township until sometime today. Hopefully things will be back to normal in the near future...


3 Comments:

Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

For some reason, I've never been able to make myself eat mushrooms.

7/14/2006 5:18 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

I don't eat the ones that grow in my backyard. I have seen some red ones, and I am pretty sure they are the wrong kind to eat. And then I saw a Clint Eastwood movie, where he played a Union soldier in the Civil War, and he came upon a Southern home with several daughters that he charmed. At first, they tried to befriend him, but then they tried to do him in--with poison mushrooms. I won't tell you how it ends in case you would like to see it for yourself.

7/14/2006 11:12 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

I forgot to tell you the name of the movie: Beguiled.

7/14/2006 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home