Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Kiva!



Thanks to my son David, I am now a supporter of Kiva. Rather through Kiva I am making a loan to someone in a foreign country who can use the money to help their business, and after a period of time the money can be repaid or re-invested in another business. The lady in this pic is a single mom in Ecquador with 2 children and she runs a fish market. What attracted me to this opportunity was the fact that she has to purchase fish and seafood each day on one-day credit and then has to repay nearly double to settle the debt. She wants to be able to make enough profit to repair the roof of her house and send her children to a better school.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

I saw this one time when i was tooling around David's blog, and it looked cool. Keep us updated on your experience with it....

7/12/2006 9:40 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

You got it.

7/13/2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger The Cox Family said...

Thanks for the comments, John! It's nice to meet you. I have more readers than I thought...maybe I should be careful of what I say. :)

7/13/2006 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home