Sunday, July 23, 2006

Landis Wins Tour!!


I told y'all not to give up on Landis!! The above pic and following text are again from the OLN website. I just got home from Northern Virginia and watched the CBS coverage of the Tour. Great job of reporting. Even greater job by Landis and Team Phonak. What more can I say? I will let OLN do it as they do it so well:

So, Floyd did it and becomes the third US rider to win the Tour. Twenty-five years ago Americans were only starting to ride in the Tour de France and now they have won it 11 times in 21 years!

It was a very different Tour de France, but opinion is it was a great one. I doubt there will ever be one quite like it again. It is also goodbye to the Tour Director, Jean Marie Leblanc, and it was a nice gesture by the race staff to applaud him across the yellow carpet at the end of the presentations.

I hope you have enjoyed the Tour on OLN – remember we change our name soon to Versus, but the Tour will still be one of the greatest events on our network.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home