Thursday, August 31, 2006

Secondhand Lions



Now this is a movie that I would have never picked up if someone hadn't recommended it to me. So now I am recommending to you. This is such a funny flick, and if you like to laugh, get ready for a side-splitting evening. Here is the rundown from Yahoo! Movies (which is where I got these shots:)
For 14-year old Walter, his great uncles’ farm in rural Texas is the last place on earth he wants to spend the summer. Dumped off by his mother, Mae, in the middle of nowhere with two crazy old men and the promise that she’ll come back for him, Walter doesn’t know what to believe in. Eccentric and gruff, Hub and Garth McCaan are rumored to have been bank robbers, mafia hit men and/or war criminals...
Check it out. You won't be sorry.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

This is nearly a perfect movie. There is only one thing in it that excludes it from being on my top 10 list (which, being mine, has more than 10 movies on it.) I won't say what it is so I don't spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it. I echo the secret agent, you have to see this movie if you haven't already. And if you have, watch it again...

8/31/2006 2:24 AM  
Blogger The Cox Family said...

Good movie! I too would have never watched if someone hadn't originally recommended it to me.

8/31/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

My new low score on the game is 27...

8/31/2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

Oh you must have wasted a lot of time in practice. I will be away for the weekend, but I will work on that when I get back.

8/31/2006 11:23 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

Correction. I just made 27, twice. I'll post my scorecards when I return. That score may be a tough one to beat.

9/01/2006 8:53 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

i agree john, great movie. in fact its sitting on my table right now.

have a good labor day weekend!

9/01/2006 10:28 PM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

I've gotten 24 once and am consistently getting 25 or 26. By way of update

9/04/2006 5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home