Monday, September 18, 2006

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe


This is definitely a must-see movie for everyone reading this post. I am not kidding, this was a surprise in that it was so much better than I had thought possible. I am sure many of you have read the book, and some have read all of C.S. Lewis' books on Narnia. (Actually I am ashamed to admit that I have not read any of them.) As you watch, you wonder how anyone ever dreams up a story like this. Lewis definitely had talent far and above average. I would even say the man is a genius. Disney did a great job, not only with the special effects, but conveying the message or theme of the book. It is such a great parallel to the Gospel story. I am not a great reader, but I will definitely have to get a hold of the book now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

I agree completely as someone who read the books around 30 times (no exageration , or not much anyway) as a child...

9/19/2006 11:53 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

Dan, I bet you knew that C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien were friends.

9/20/2006 6:53 AM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

Indeed I did, and the only alcohol to ever grace my lips was imbibed at the Eagle and Child in Oxford where they met with some others once a week to read and discuss their books and other things, no doubt beyond the comprehension of the rest of us.

9/20/2006 8:50 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

Note to Dan: Those others would be a group called the Inklings, am I right? BTW, I believe Ben found a candid shot of you in Louisville with a beer bottle in your hand, am I right? Of course this doesn't prove you were drinking it; you were probably just holding it for one of the young ladies in that same pic, right?

9/20/2006 4:51 PM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

Yeah, holding it for the ladies, that's it...

that was an eerie resemblance wasn't it...

9/20/2006 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home