Monday, September 25, 2006

World War II Memorial




Coming across the pic of this plane reminded me of a segment I saw yesterday on CBS Sunday AM. (I TiVoed this and watched it after attending Sunday School and church.) Anyway, they were telling how this group in Hendersonville, NC decided to send all of their WWII vets to Washington to see the memorial. Many of them needed assistance and nurses to accompany them, but they really appreciated seeing that. Many were greeted by friends and family members too. A few of them talked on camera about the war. One veteran was a prisoner of war, and he was there to see General Patton coming in on his Jeep, and he saw the Nazi swastika coming down and our flag going up. A deep sense of gratitude and pride welled up as I watched. As it was stated, "These are those who helped save the world."

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

great shot of the airplane.

have you ever watched band of brothers?

9/26/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger 007 said...

Neve have. I just looked it up at imdb.com and I see that it has 10 parts and it is 705 min. long. It probably came on cable which I don't have, so I suppose I would need to go to Blockbuster to see it.

9/26/2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger Dan Hawkins said...

We have DVR, not TiVo, but it is ridiculous how much we use it. Its definitely contributed to me watching more TV than is healthy for me.

Great shots...

9/26/2006 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home