Wednesday, May 30, 2007

J. V ernon McGee


Sometimes during my lunch period (kinda sounds like school days) I have the opportunity to listen to J. Vernon McGee on the radio. (I know I am not really listening to him, because he has been dead for a few years, but he had a great plan for his radio show to go on well after his death.) Anyway, I heard his voice today (between 12:30 and 1:00) and he said that "some Christians have just enough religion to make them miserable." He was speaking of those who "enjoy" the pleasures of sin for a season, and then they are convicted with guilt, knowing they are not walking with the Lord. They repent, and then try to live at the foot of the cross, only to be tempted again, and then only to fall back into the same stronghold of sin. (This is my paraphrase.) Certainly God is faithful to forgive us all as we sin every day, many times committing the same sins over and over again. But J was saying how much joy these Christians are missing when they seem to miss out "on the victorious Christian Life." There is a true deep down joy that comes from living for the Lord, and I can say that I have learned this from the experience of being on both sides of the fence so to speak, even as a Christian.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

word.

5/30/2007 11:36 PM  
Blogger 007 said...

And the award for the quickest response goes to...KEVIN!! I appreciate that comment bro.

5/31/2007 5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home