Monday, December 03, 2007

Dr. Mohler's Blog

It is sad that I am not a prolific reader. I do read some things, so I try to make sure that what little I read, that at least some of it is very good material. I read Dr. Al Mohler's blog and commentaries from time to time.

"The Dawkins Delusion"

is showing as the current commentary although it is dated Oct. 26, 2007. Let me assure you that it is not out of date by any means. Dr. Mohler talks about Richard Dawkins latest book, The God Delusion here:
"Though The God Delusion is intended more as an attack upon theism than as a defense of evolutionary theory, the framework of evolution is never far from Dawkins' mind. In his opening chapter, he argues that most legitimate scientists--indeed all who really understand the issues at stake--are atheists of one sort or another."
Everyone should read the entire commentary, but his closing comments sum it up:
"If Dawkins is so certain that theism is dead, why would he devote so much of his time and energy to opposing it? A man who is genuinely certain that Christianity is passing away would feel no need to write a 400-page book in order to urge its passing."
We are blessed to be able to read the thoughts of Biblical scholars on a daily basis. Makes me wonder why I don't read more. Period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home